DisplayPort 1.4 Sink Calibration and Test Software (GRL-DP14-SINK)
GRL’s DisplayPort 1.4 PHY Sink Calibration and Test Software for the Tektronix BERTScope™ BSA/BSX (GRL-DP14-SINK) provides an automated, simple, and efficient way to test DisplayPort Sink (Receiver) devices per the Jitter Tolerance requirements of the DisplayPort Physical Layer (PHY) Compliance Test Specification (CTS) version 1.4 Draft and DisplayPort Over USB Type-C 1.0a CTS.
GRL-DP14-SINK software automates stressed signal calibration and jitter tolerance testing at all DisplayPort data rates (RBR, HBR, HBR2, and HBR3) with a single setup and runs on any Windows 7 PC or Oscilloscope OS.
GRL-DP14-SINK eliminates the need for user interaction during testing. Automating the calibration between the BERTScope and real-time scope to generate stressed-signal conditions for DisplayPort 1.4 and DP over USB Type-C Sink Compliance testing.
GRL-DP14-SINK supports all Sink device types USB Type-C display or multi-port adapters, docks, and monitors with either USB Type-C or standard DisplayPort connectors. TP2 and TP3 test point calibration is achieved by simply adjusting the ISI using the Artek CLE-1000-A2.
Link training, compliance, and margin testing through DPCD registers is automated using the Unigraf DPT-200 (Reference Source with AUX Control). Margin Testing stresses the Receiver to failure at user-defined jitter amplitude and frequency steps, revealing the true capabilities of your receiver design.
RF switch automation for full 4-lane testing, adding test cases, or PVT can be achieved by adding GRL-BSA-RX User Defined Automation Software. Providing an API that allows the user to incorporate their own Python or GRL Visual scripts for additional tests and parameter looping of existing tests.
- Automated DisplayPort Sink electrical calibration and compliance testing consistent with the VESA Approved CTS (Compliance Test Specifications) and MOIs (Method of Implementation).
- Jitter Tolerance Compliance Test Calibration
- 100% coverage of Sink Jitter Tolerance Tests per DisplayPort PHY 1.4 Draft and DP over USB Type-C CTS
- Automated DDJ (ISI) calibration TP2 or TP3 using Artek CLE-1000-A2
- Jitter Margin Testing with user-defined amplitude and frequency steps
- Simple Setup, Test Execution, and Reporting in HTML and .csv formats
- Fully integrated with Unigraf DPT-200 Reference Source with AUX Control for link training and error detection.
- CTS Supported
- DisplayPort 1.4 PHY Draft CTS
- DisplayPort over USB Type-C CTS Rev. 1.2a
- Data Rates
- RBR (1.62Gb/s), HBR (2.7Gb/s)
- HBR2 (5.4Gb/s), HBR3 (8.1Gb/s)
- Required Equipment:
- Tektronix BSA or BSX Series BERTScope
- Tektronix Real-Time Scope DPO/MSO70000DX/SX Oscilloscope
- Tektronix DPOJET (Jitter and Eye Analysis) Software
- Artek CLE1000-A2
- Unigraf DPT-200 Reference Sink
- Cables and Adapters (refer to MOI for specific part numbers):
- SMA Cables
- DC Blocks
- RF Combiners
- SMA Adapters