Overview & Features
Quickly test your Receiver Design to the USB3.1 Electrical CTS
GRL’s USB 3.1 Receiver Calibration and Test Automation software for the Anritsu BERT (GRL-USB31-RXA) provides an automated, simple and efficient way to test your USB 3.1 Receiver. GRL-USB31-RXA automates both the Anritsu BERT and the Keysight real-time oscilloscope to calibrate the stressed eye opening and test receiver compliance and jitter tolerance.
Following the standard test methodology outlined in the USB 3.1 Electrical Compliance Test Specification – Enhanced SuperSpeed Universal Serial Bus Rev 1.0. GRL-USB31-RXA provides a simple user interface to automate complex USB testing. The software runs on any Windows 7 or 8 PC or oscilloscope, and significantly reduces equipment calibration time.
GRL-USB31-RXA supports USB3.1 Gen1 (5Gb/s) and Gen2 (10Gb/s) data rates. Including test setups for USB Type-C, or USB Type-A/B Connectors, the software walks the user through making complex setups required by the CTS for the BERT, USB-IF Test Fixtures, Oscilloscope, and Device Under Test. The Software automatically calibrates Amplitude and Pre-Emphasis; then Jitter and Eye parameters using USB-IF SigTest software. After calibration, GRL-USB31-RXA automates loopback negotiation and Symbol Error Rate (SER) using the Anritsu G0373A USB3.1 Receiver Test Adapter.
Leverage and protect your BERT investment. Save valuable time and optimize the use of your resources across multiple projects.
- Support USB3.1 Gen1 (5 Gb/s) and Gen2 (10 Gb/s) Host and Device receiver jitter tolerance tests
- Automated calibration of signal impairments to achieve stressed Receiver Eye Height and Eye Width, in accordance with USB 3.1 Specification, using SigTest
- Connection diagrams for all Host/Device, USB Type-C or Type-A/B Connector Types using USB-IF 3.1 test fixture kits
- Simple setup, test execution, and reporting in PDF files
- Fully configurable and customizable
- Automation of BERT Functions Including: Transmit and receive LFPS and LBPM signals; Transition Host and Device status to Loopback; Insert and identify Skip Ordered Set; Measurement of BER tests using Compliance Test Pattern
- Specification – USB-IF USB 3.1 Electrical Compliance Test Specification: Enhanced SuperSpeed Universal Serial Bus Rev 1.0
- Data Rates – Gen2 (10Gb/s), Gen1 (5Gb/s)
- Fixtures – USB-IF Fixture Kits at: http://www.usb.org/developers/estoreinfo/
- Required Test Equipment:
Anritsu BERT Generator Set:
Model – Name Option(s) MP1800A – Signal Quality Analyzer 001, 002, 007, 014, 032 MU181000A – 12.5GHz Synthesizer – MU183020A – 28G/32Gbit/s PPG 012, 030 MU181500B – Jitter Modulation Source – MP1825B – 4Tap Emphasis 002 G0373A – USB3.1 Receiver Test Adapter – MX183000A-PL012 – USB Link Sequence – J1721A – USB Measurement Component Set –
- Keysight 16GHz or higher bandwidth Real-Time Oscilloscope (DSA-X/Q) Series or newer