GRL Firmware Engineer
Date: Sep 17, 2021
GRL seeks full-time Firmware Engineers.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, and with over 250 staff in 8 countries, we help engineers solve the toughest design and validation challenges. Since 2010, our affordable end-to-end testing, certification and compliance services and related proprietary instrumentation and software solutions have enabled hardware developers worldwide to implement digital connectivity and charging technologies as they become faster, more complex, and more challenging to test. The combination of market-leading technical expertise, broad capabilities and an intense focus on quality and customer service excellence has seen the company grow rapidly and win recognition as the “go to” expert. But we do much more than just test: we guide, we consult, we analyze, we troubleshoot, and we present useful insights to help our customers understand and improve their products’ performance and ensure their success.
GRL offers competitive salary and benefits.
About the role
- Design, code and integrate software for embedded Linux/RTOS targeted application
(applications, drivers, framework).
- Customize, deploy and maintain of Linux distribution.
- Interact with Linux kernel, integrate new device drivers improvement and maintenance of existing software components.
- Perform unit test, integration test, verification and validation of the product developed.
- Assist with the hardware design surrounding the processor.
- Document projects according to standards (protocols, architecture, technical specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or computer science engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in embedded Linux programming.
- Hands-On experience with Protocol development.
- Protocol development experience such as USB or DP, HDMI or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, ARM processor architecture with SOC.
- Hands-on experience on Linux kernel and device-driver development.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, Network programming.
- Ability to write effective and reusable code according to best practices.
- Must be a dynamic, autonomous, and team-oriented individual.
- Knowledge of hardware and low-level development is a plus.
- At least 4+ years of experience in Firmware/Software programming in embedded Linux &
RTOS based application development.
- Must have a very good understanding of ARM processor, hardware and custom board or product development experience.
- Work with GRL’s world experts supporting customers ranging from start-ups to the world’s largest high-tech companies.
- Immerse in multiple new and emerging technically challenging high speed connectivity standards.
- Develop strong customer interfacing and project management skills.
- Long-term career potential; opportunity to make a significant impact on a growing business.
- Small company people-oriented culture with tremendous learning and growth opportunities.
GRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Submit your CV to email@example.com.