GRL Software testing and validation Engineer/Lead
Date: Sep 17, 2021
GRL seeks a full-time Software Testing and Validation Engineer/Lead.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, and with over 250 staff in 8 countries, we help engineers solve the toughest design and validation challenges. Since 2010, our affordable end-to-end testing, certification and compliance services and related proprietary instrumentation and software solutions have enabled hardware developers worldwide to implement digital connectivity and charging technologies as they become faster, more complex, and more challenging to test. The combination of market-leading technical expertise, broad capabilities and an intense focus on quality and customer service excellence has seen the company grow rapidly and win recognition as the “go to” expert. But we do much more than just test: we guide, we consult, we analyze, we troubleshoot, and we present useful insights to help our customers understand and improve their products’ performance and ensure their success.
GRL offers competitive salary and benefits.
About the role
As a Software Testing and Validation Engineer/Lead you will work independently or as part of a team to develop test methodologies, scenarios, and data collection plans to ensure test adequacy.
- Lead the team with end-to-end activities from planning, executing, analysis and reporting test activities.
- Provide guidance, training, and mentoring of Test Engineers.
- Document and communicate automation framework functions, interfaces, test cases and
results to diverse audiences.
- Prepare / review test plans.
- Prepare test cases, test scripts and test data.
- Execute tests (manual / automated).
- Report defects and assist in their understanding.
- Analyze test results and track software testing metrics.
- Prepare and present test reports.
- Train, mentor and supervise junior software engineers.
- Monitor and analyze data provided by project teams to identify areas
for improvement in the quality system.
- Contribute to root cause analysis for defects and provide process improvement
suggestions to eliminate future occurrences of similar defects.
- Education level – Any Graduate
- Experience 0 to 5 years
- Lab experience with test equipment a big plus.
- Specific skills – Manual testing, Automation testing
- Knowledge on the USB/HDMI/DisplayPort interfaces; Qi specifications is a plus
- Work with GRL’s world experts supporting customers ranging from start-ups to the world’s largest high-tech companies.
- Immerse in multiple new and emerging technically challenging high speed connectivity standards.
- Develop strong customer interfacing and project management skills.
- Long-term career potential; opportunity to make a significant impact on a growing business.
- Small company people-oriented culture with tremendous learning and growth opportunities.
GRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Submit your CV to email@example.com.