Deep Inspection Kit (GRL-KIT-DI20)
- Test interface standards compliance- Insertion Loss, Return Loss, and Impedance (TDR)
- Easy to use, pre-calibrated, fully automated setup- just plug in and test
- Native Differential TDR with 25ps risetime step pulse, DC to 20 GHz
- Visually compare signal integrity performance among samples
- Identify location and severity of manufacturing defects causing signal integrity issues
The GRL Deep Inspection Kit (KIT-DI20) addresses the gap between expensive, challenging-to-use VNAs and simple functional/continuity tests that are not adequate for high speed interfaces. Now, users without years of signal integrity testing expertise can perform professional measurements with high accuracy to 20GHz with easy-to-use equipment.
KIT-DI20 automatically measures loss through a channel (Insertion Loss), reflected energy (Return Loss), and impedance profiles (TDR), and graphically presents results to standards compliance specification limits. KIT-DI20 supports testing to the latest technologies to 20Gb/s like USB4TM, Ultra High Speed HDMI, DisplayPort, PCI Express ®, Apple Lightning, and ThunderboltTM3.
KIT-DI20 also supports virtually any specialized interconnect like Automotive Ethernet, Military/Aerospace, and Industrial, as well as custom-defined and proprietary technologies. KIT-DI20 is scalable for multi-port/multi-lane interconnects.
Featuring a modular design, one KIT-DI20 allows Impedance/TDR and Return Loss through any cable, connector or PCB assembly. Adding a second module allows TDT, Insertion Loss, and Eye Diagrams through the cable, connector or PCB channel.
Like a sonar ping, the KIT-DI20 sends and receives precisely controlled pulses to accurately locate and assess manufacturing defects. Such defects can easily cause signal integrity problems such as reflections, resulting in interoperability issues. Higher speed interfaces have little margin for error. KIT-DI20 is the most efficient, cost-effective way to validate cables, connectors and PCB assemblies to meet demanding specification requirements.
- Thorough and accurate Time and Frequency domain characterization of virtually any interconnect to 20Gb/s
- Light and portable- small enough to easily fit into a backpack
- Includes everything needed for testing, such as SMA cables and fixtures
- Various pre-created, pre-calibrated testing models make setup and testing a breeze
- Native differential TDR-based testing reduces test time
- Easily create benchmark comparisons and reports