GRL Laboratory Director – Full-time position
Date: Sep 1, 2021
GRL seeks an exceptional Lab Director for our new facility in Karlsruhe, Germany.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to make your mark on a critical strategic initiative – the new GRL lab in Karlsruhe, Germany, serving customers across the entire EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) region.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, and with over 250 staff in 8 countries, we help engineers solve the toughest design and validation challenges. Since 2010, our affordable end-to-end testing, certification and compliance services and related proprietary instrumentation and software solutions have enabled hardware developers worldwide to implement digital connectivity and charging technologies as they become faster, more complex, and more challenging to test. The combination of market-leading technical expertise, broad capabilities and an intense focus on quality and customer service excellence has seen the company grow rapidly and win recognition as the “go to” expert. But we do much more than just test: we guide, we consult, we analyze, we troubleshoot, and we present useful insights to help our customers understand and improve their products’ performance and ensure their success.
GRL offers competitive salary and benefits.
About the role
As Lab Director, you will report to the VP of Global Engineering and be responsible for all aspects of planning, executing, and managing our lab testing operations. In this hands-on role, you will ensure the highest standards of quality and service excellence that are the foundation of our customers’ trust and GRL’s growth. That includes building and leading a team of highly-capable engineers, and planning and implementing local lab capabilities to support growth targets and company objectives.
- Maintain all lab technical capabilities and bring up new capabilities/technologies
- Manage all day-to-day lab testing, data analysis, and reporting/review, including customer product design recommendations
- Oversee project management and customer product technical troubleshooting efforts
- Ensure accurate and consistent application of international standards-based test programs and GRL global lab quality, security, and safety standards
- Plan all resources and budgets (space, staff, equipment, and time) to meet near and long-term customer needs and GRL business objectives
- Lead local engineering staff career planning and development
- Train and oversee staff engineers on test methodologies and GRL lab policies and practices
- Work closely with other GRL lab managers and technical staff to build and share technical know-how and implement and improve test methodologies and techniques for a broad range of technologies
- Support technical sales efforts including project scoping, budgeting, and technical planning
- Support technical marketing efforts including tradeshows and technical seminars
Key Qualifications –
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills
- Technical depth in testing one or more digital connectivity and charging technologies (for example, USB, Ethernet, PCI Express, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.)
- At least 3 years’ relevant test lab management experience; 5+ years preferred
- Hands-on experience with high-speed lab equipment including signal generator/BERT, oscilloscope, and VNA/TDR
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment
- Meticulous organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English required; fluency in German a big plus; fluency in another major European language a plus
- EU work authorization required
About Karlsruhe, Germany
Located close to the French border on the Rhine in Baden-Württemberg, Karlsruhe is known as a major hub for science and technology. Home to several major universities and cultural attractions, Karlsruhe is known especially as a center of innovation for connected car technologies, including autonomous driving and automotive networking. Karlsruhe is conveniently located about 1 hour by train from Frankfurt and Stuttgart.
Submit your CV to email@example.com.