GRL is always looking for enthusiastic undergrad and graduate engineering/CS/physics students to join growing teams at our world-wide labs.
A GRL Engineering Internship is a great opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and exposure testing, diagnosing, and developing automated test solutions to address signal integrity, protocol and system application-level engineering challenges. GRL Interns work with state-of-the-art test equipment on the latest muti-gigabit technologies, supporting customers ranging from start-ups to the largest players from the Silicon to System level, while being trained and mentored by seasoned experts.
Please see below to learn more about becoming a GRL Engineering Intern, and send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to having you on the team!
What Past GRL Interns Have To Say:
Nikhil Acharya, Senior Staff Engineer at GRL
“Working at GRL on the technologies like Thunderbolt, DisplayPort, HDMI, and USB has been a great learning curve. I have enjoyed representing GRL at the DisplayPort Plug Fest and meeting various people from the industry at such early stage in my career as an intern. At GRL working with the Director of Engineering and the CEO has not only given me visibility within the company but also has given me an appreciation for my hard work in the form of opportunity to be joining the team as a Full Time in 2013.”
Anu Bhagwat, Electrical Engineer at Lam Research
“I found out about GRL through my classmates at Santa Clara University and they had a lot of positive things to say with regards to the work done at GRL. The exposure I got to leading edge technology was fantastic and certainly taught me a lot in engineering. This was a very impactful internship in my career and helped me focus on my field of interest in electrical engineering – design validation – and eventually helped me get my dream job. All the senior engineers were very helpful and knowledgeable.”
Camila Jaramillo, NAND Product Group at Intel
“Being an intern at GRL has been the greatest and most exciting opportunity of my professional life! I have been performing physical layer, protocol, and system interoperability testing for high speed serial connectivity and it is very exciting to work with the latest technology. It is also rewarding to be able to learn from and contribute with a group of experienced engineers and customers. GRL is giving me the valuable opportunity to gain professional experience while being a full time Electrical Engineering graduate student at Santa Clara University. I am confident that being an intern at GRL will help me achieve my professional goals and will give me important tools to pursue my dreamed career in the industry.”
Aaditya Kandibanda, Hardware Engineer at Qualcomm
“I focused on electrical characterization of multiple high-speed SERDES at GRL. I believe the internship experience at GRL laid a strong foundation for my career. The GRL senior engineers helped me understand concepts practically, and I had an opportunity to work with the latest technologies with multiple customers. The hands-on experience I gained at GRL helped me find the job I was looking for.”
Aldrin Paynter, Test Development Engineer at Texas Instruments
“I started my career as an intern with GRL and carry fond and exciting memories of my stint with GRL. GRL was a great learning place that nurtured my talent. I was given the opportunity to work on compliance testing of high speed interfaces using the latest laboratory equipment. What I cherish most is the fact that all my seniors at GRL took time to teach and eventually hand over responsibility to me and subsequently trusted my work. GRL helped trigger a curiosity for semiconductor test engineering which eventually led to a full time position upon my graduation. GRL thanks for a great learning experience and for your trust in my aptitude!”
Sneh Shah, ASIC Design Verification Engineer at Marvell
“Working at GRL as an intern gave the the great opportunity to put into practice the education I acquired at university. Both management and senior engineers took time to mentor me with projects and they progressively increased my responsibility as my skills developed. My confidence and my engineering knowledge have steadily grown due to the support I have here. The initiative to develop skills of new interns, flexible schedule and supportive colleagues make GRL a great place to work. I would recommend an internship at GRL to everyone who is looking to diversify their educational knowledge and build a resume with a solid work experience which will help them in their future career.”
GRL Engineering Internship Position Description
- Operate state-of-the-art pattern generators, oscilloscopes, VNA, and logic analyzers.
- Setup and perform high-speed SERDES electrical PVT characterization measurements to support new product development.
- Setup and perform system protocol, interoperability, and functional testing.
- Record and analyze test data and prepare test reports.
- Support test automation product development and validation
- Demonstrated academic achievement in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or relevant subject area.
- Desire to gain technical depth in relevant technologies, testing process, and equipment.
- Lab experience with test equipment listed above is a big plus.
- Programming knowledge of C/C++, Python, LabView, Matlab, and other languages a big plus
- Strong knowledge of with Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills; quick learner.
- Strong organizational skills, high integrity, and excellent work ethic.
- Work with high caliber industry veterans.
- Immerse in multiple new and emerging technically challenging high speed connectivity standards.
- Learn customer interfacing and project management skills.
- Small company people oriented culture with tremendous learning and growth opportunities.
- Long-term career potential; opportunity to get in on ground floor and make a significant impact on a growing business.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org