Overview & Features
Quickly test your Design to the PCIe® Base and CEM Specifications
- Supports PCIe® 4.0 (16GT/s and 8GT/s)
- PCIe® 5.0 Supported through “Extended Protection”
- Automate Base and CEM Spec testing
- Perform Base and CEM Receiver Jitter Tolerance testing at the push of a button
- Perform all PCIE 4.0 CEM CTS tests (Tx and Rx)
- Reduce technical risk using an industry-accepted calibration methodology
- Achieve consistent results with rapid test execution
PCI Express® 4.0 Receiver Test Automation Software Suite (GRL-PCIE4-RXA) is developed by Granite River Labs for Anritsu. It provides an automated, simple and efficient way to test your 4.0 designs using the Anritsu MP1900A with any vendor’s Real-Time Oscilloscope (Tektronix and Keysight oscilloscopes initially supported). PCIe® 5.0 support is planned for 2019.
The GRL-PCIE4-RXA Test Suite features two components that can be ordered separately or bundled together. GRL-PCIE4-BASE-RXA is used for testing your PCIe® 4.0 Receiver to the Base (ASIC) Specification, while GRL-PCIE4-CEM-RXA is used for testing end products to the PCIe® 4.0 CEM (Card Electro-Mechanical) Specification.
GRL-PCIE4-RXA provides a simple user interface to automate complex PCIe testing. The software runs on Windows 7 or higher oscilloscope or any PC OS, and significantly reduces equipment calibration and test time.
For Base Specification testing, GRL software uses the industry-standard Seasim statistical data eye simulator to establish the calibrated test channel DDJ. The final calibrated eye diagram uses both Seasim and SigTest software to arrive at the final stressed eye diagram. Receiver jitter tolerance and margin testing can then be performed on the device under test. For CEM Spec testing, GRL software uses VNA method for Channel measurement and SigTest for all other stressed eye impairments.
Jitter Tolerance and Margin Testing is offered in both BASE and CEM software versions of the software, while The CEM version provides all the tests required by the PCIe® 4.0 CEM CTS.
Transmitter testing is also available using GRL-PCIE34-TXP1 Software and Controller. If ordered with with GRL-PCIE4-RXA Receiver test software, all PCIe® 4.0 CTS CEM tests (Transmitter and Receiver) can be performed on the MP1900 and any vendor’s Real-Time Oscilloscope using GRL’s automation framework without the need for vendor specific software tools.
Leverage and protect your MP1900 and Real-Time Oscilloscope investment. Save valuable time and optimize the use of your resources across multiple projects.
Key features of GRL-PCIE34-TXP1 PCI Express 3.0 & 4.0 Transmitter Compliance Test Automation Solution:
- Automated calibration of signal impairments to achieve stressed Receiver Eye Height and Eye Width, in accordance with PCIe® 4.0 Base & CEM Specification
- Uses Industry Standard tools Seasim and SigTest for Stressed Signal Calibration
- Automated Receiver Compliance and Jitter Tolerance and Marging testing
- Using spec-defined or user-defined Jitter Frequency steps
- Performs all CEM CTS Tests (Transmitter & Receiver) in single Software Framework
- Simple setup, test execution, and reporting in PDF files
- Fully configurable and customizable