GRL was the first certification lab in the world qualified by Intel Corp. and has been a key contributor to the development of the Thunderbolt ecosystem.
Thunderbolt 3 and earlier Devices (AV, Storage, and PCI Express Expansion) & Hosts Mac and Windows platforms
- GRL performs all tests required for Thunderbolt certification & pre-certification. Contact GRL for more details.
Overview of Thunderbolt™ Interface
Thunderbolt™ is a high-speed interface technology developed by Intel. It uses a USB Type-C® connector, combined with PCI Express, DisplayPort, and USB Power Delivery. It integrates data, audio, video, and power transmission functions. It transmits speeds up to 40Gbps and is versatile. There are a wide range of products using Thunderbolt interface, from desktops, monitors, external graphics cards, external hard drives and network storage devices.。
To learn more about Thunderbolt™ technology refer to https://thunderbolttechnology.net/
Thunderbolt™ Interconnect Specification Revision 1.5, Draft 0.8, October 2017
- Thunderbolt™ certified product types and examples
GRL’s latest Thunderbolt Solutions
- Thunderbolt™ certification process
- Thunderbolt™ test items and instruments used
- Thunderbolt™ 4 Overview
- Thunderbolt™ certification FAQ
- Thunderbolt™ Technical Article
Technical Tools Zone