Overview & Features
Developed in cooperation with Tokyo Electron Device (TED), GRL’s UHS-II Protocol Card Tester & Host Emulator (GRL-UHSII-EMU) is the only tool that tests conformance with SD Association UHS-II Protocol Test Guideline Version 1.0 at the click of a button. This combined Hardware and Software test platform provides a self-verification environment for UHS-II Card and Host, covering almost all items defined in the SDA UHS-II Protocol Test Specification as well as a highly configurable environment for stress testing and validation.
GRL-UHSII-EMU validates the reliability of UHS-II Cards/Hosts by allowing tests to be run in random or sequential order, or continuously to identify card performance over a period of time. The tool provides easy-to-understand Pass/Fail test results and protocol trace captures.
GRL-UHSII-EMU also provides powerful tools to discover true UHS-II Card design performance, including error insertion and programmable response time for Host-issued packets. To identify real card throughput at various data lengths, GRL-UHSII-EMU provides the ability to transfer data from 1MB to 1GB and calculate throughput in low power and fast mode.
GRL’s UHS-II Interposer Board (sold separately) is an ideal signal acquisition tool for use with GRL-UHSII-EMU.
- Conformance to SD Physical Layer Specification Version 4.20, UHS-II Addendum Version 1.10 and SD Specifications Part 1 UHS-II Protocol Test Guideline version 1.0
- UHS-II Host Tester supports 93 compliance tests
- TG1: UHS-II System Feature (6 Tests)
- TG2: Link Layer Specification (46 Tests)
- TG3: CM-TRAN Layer Specification (17 Tests)
- TG4: SD-TRAN Layer Specification (18 Tests)
- TG5: 2L-HD Mode (6 Tests)
- UHS-II Card Tester supports 168 compliance tests
- TG1: UHS-II System Feature (7 Tests)
- TG2: Link Layer Specification (48 Tests)
- TG3: CM-TRAN Layer Specification (63 Tests)
- TG4: SD-TRAN Layer Specification (41 Tests)
- TG5: 2L-HD Mode (9 Tests)
- Any command generation using software control with using SD Host 4.10 Standard Register Sets
- Configurable error insertion into UHS-II SD Card/Host commands
- Executes tests in sequential or random order
- Validates cards for longer time periods with continuous mode
- Logs data up to 256K memory depth and highlights the errors for easy debugging
- Supports Range A and Range B speed tests
- Controls and configures full and half duplex modes with fast and low power modes
- Calculates data rate transfer and throughput using card data transfer from 1MB to1GB
- Automated report generation – PDF, CSV, and TXT