USB Power Delivery and Type-C™ Tester and Analyzer (GRL-USB-PD-C2) – Beta
Granite River Labs announces the BETA software release version 126.96.36.199 for the GRL USB Power Delivery and Type-C™ Tester and Analyzer (C2). – Download Link
This version is intended to be used for the upcoming USB-IF Compliance Workshop #112.
- Updated software for handle latest VIF version 188.8.131.52.
- Added E-load Firmware to update with one click feature from Instruments selection panel.
- Fixed tester GoodCRC revision version based on CTS selection for Power delivery 2.0 & 3.0.
- Handled cable orientation detection in the software to run PHY-RX-INT REJ test case if standard Type-C test Cable was connected.
- Added Calibration Information in the Application display panel and update as a warning if the calibration date expires.
- Updated pBitrate measurement calculation in Deterministic Bit-Rate-Phy-E4 test case
- Update the HTML file to capture all the user inputs entered during the report generation.
- Added header and payload decode feature in Advanced signal plot window.
- Fixed Fit and Zoom Out button action issue in the advanced signal plot.
- Aligning the markers in the advanced signal plot to the exact packet when the user clicks on the test results from the application.
- Fixed performance related issues in Advanced signal Plot.
- Updated the GRL-USB-PD-C2-MOI version 184.108.40.206 as per the latest software UI changes.
- Updated DisplayPort Alt mode pin assignment test cases.
- Updated Thunderbolt test cases based on new requirement/feedback from the Thunderbolt compliance group.
- Updated Thunderbolt current limit VBUS test case and Short protection test case based on team feedback, added Pop-up Message if DUT not established PD contract.
- Updated API library and python scripts.
- Fixed waveform saving issue while executing API.
- Added support for the Quick Charge 4 IOP test cases.
- Modified QC4.TID 3.current limit test case to consider the Source PDP and Power limited bit for current limit validation.
- Updated the QC4 device type – QC4/QC4+ in the HTML report for user validation.
- Fixed the issue with current increment even though DUT sent the reject message for the tester request in QC4.3.Current Limit and Qc4.10.Adapter Collapse test cases.
- Removed the functional MOI tests, since these tests are under correlation.
- The advanced signal plot will work as expected but rarely observed the plot crash.
- In Communication Engine MOI, BMC PHY RX INT REJ- test, tester BIST preamble packet is observed less than 64bit and test result may come as fail rarely. Need to restart the controller and re-run this test.
- In the Deterministic MOI, VDMU E19 test updates as a false failure with the particular DUTs.
Instructions to update the software:
- Run the installer and follow the onscreen instructions
- After installing the update the firmware of your GRL-USB-PD-C2 before running the tests
If any issues are experienced or difficulty in executing the tests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.