USB Power Delivery and Type-C® Tester and Analyzer (GRL-USB-PD-C2) – Beta
Granite River Labs Inc is pleased to announce the release of GRL USB-PD_C2 USB Power Delivery and Type-C® Tester and Analyzer Software version 184.108.40.206 – Download Link
- Updated support for Power Delivery 3.0 Tests Version 1.13.
- Updated support for Deterministic PD Compliance MOI Version 1.14
- Updated Thunderbolt 3.0 power test cases.
- Updated software with advanced signal plot and supports Save /Recall of waveforms.
- Update the calibration data to accommodate cable compensation.
- Fixed: Get capability read returns packet not captured error for Consumer only DUT.
- Fixed: BMC_PHY_MSG test case to execute SOP’ and SOP’’ related checks only for the DFP DUT.
- Fixed: Deterministic PHY E9 test case BIST message capture count mismatch.
- Fixed: QC4- TID_13_Voltage and current test case by validating power limit flag.
- Fixed: TDA.220.127.116.11 BMC PHY TX EYE test Case if DUT sending continuous BIST message.
- Fixed: HTML report file generation.
- Fixed: Added 5A Cable emulation for VNDI E9 test case
- Fixed: VNDI E10 and VNDI E11 based on DUT type if Provider_Only/ Consumer_Only, ignore VIF since PR_swap fields will not be available in those DUT types.
- Fixed: VCONN 5.75V and 2.75V switching
- Provision to configure Capability mismatch flag bit in Communication Engine CTS tests part of Thunderbolt power testing requirement
- Included more detailed test setup image for QC 3.0 test cases for 2 port DUT
- Optimized Deterministic test cases
- While running Deterministic tests TD-PD-LL-E1, TD-PD-SNK E1, TD-PD-CP E1, TD-PD-VDMU E17, TD-PD-PHY-E8 in few cases the tests will report as “Incomplete”.
- New Getcaps/generating VIF feature is still under Validation. This is not used in any of the test cases.
- Functional and Source power tests are in Beta, you may encounter inconsistent results.
- While running Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 tests select GRL Special cable in product capability panel. Not selecting “GRL Special cable” may result in incomplete test results.
- New signal plot is under beta release, if the plot closes during testing the test case execution will not be impacted.
- If the DUT supports SVID, load VIF may not load SVID correctly. This will not impact the test case. You can ignore the SVID display.
- Emulator – Beta: While loading the power profile you may need to restart the GRL-USB-PD-C2/F1 controller.
- Very rarely you may encounter “Ethernet communication error”, restart the controller will restore the communication with the controller.
Instructions to update the software:
- Run the installer and follow the onscreen instructions
- After installing the update the firmware of your GRL-USB-PD-C2 before running the tests
If any issues are experienced or difficulty in executing the tests please contact email@example.com for assistance.