USB Power Delivery and Type-C® Tester and Analyzer (GRL-USB-PD-C2)
GRL-USB-PD-C2: The only instrument you need for USB Type-C Power Delivery and Alt Mode compliance testing.
- Fully integrated - does the work of 5 instruments in one platform
- Supports all USB Type-C Power Delivery 3.0 and 2.0 Compliance Tests
- Two fully independent ports - Source/Sink up to 200W
- Supports PHY test automation for DisplayPort and Thunderbolt 3 Alt Modes
- Integrates Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ and Thunderbolt 3-specific test items
GRL-USB-PD-C2 (GRL-C2) is the only solution available that supports all compliance test specifications for USB Power Delivery 3.0 and USB Type-C Alternate Mode designs, and enables product developers to quickly run full compliance and validation test suites at the push of a button.
GRL-C2 provides an automated, efficient, and fully-integrated way perform all required USB Power Delivery version 3.0 and 2.0 and related tests over the USB Type-C connector, as well as PHY test automation for USB Type-C Alternate Modes.
GRL-C2 automates all required USB PD compliance tests for power providers (chargers), consumers, dual-role ports, and cable and adapter E-Markers; and is the only solution available that integrates Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ and Intel Thunderbolt-specific test items. GRL-C2 also incorporates analyzer capability to sniff PD traffic.
GRL-C2 integrates all required USB PD tests into a single 2-port tester, including all tests supported on GRL’s USB-IF approved first generation solution introduced in 2015. Each port can be configured independently as a PD Provider or Consumer. All other PD Protocol and Power tests are fully integrated, removing the need for external electronic loads.
- Supports all required USB Power Delivery version 3.0 and 2.0 and related tests over the USB Type-C connector in one platform
- Integrated PHY Test Controller for DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3, and HDMI Alternate Mode testing
- USB PD protocol analyzer/sniffer mode, configurable between integrated UFP/DFP controller to DUT or as a ‘pass through’ using extension adapter
- Supports all USB PD devices including cable and adapter E-Markers, power providers (chargers), power consumers, and dual-role devices
- Supports DisplayPort Alt Mode CTS Chapter 10 PD Protocol tests
- Provides two independent PD test ports with 240W Provider and 200W Consumer emulation
- Integrates Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ and Intel Thunderbolt-specific tests
- Supports BMC-PHY-TX with any Windows7+ oscilloscope from Keysight, Tektronix, Rohde & Schwarz, or Teledyne LeCroy
- Runs all other USB PD tests internally, greatly reducing test times
- Access to CC1, CC2, Vbus signals for waveform capture via front panel extension adapter
- All waveforms saved for further analysis and debug
- Automatically generates comprehensive .pdf, .csv, and .xml test reports
GRL-USB-PD-FCB - GRL Type-C Functional Compliance Board
Required fixtures for Type-C Functional Compliance Testing
Note: Granite River Labs recommends connecting the extension fixture/board to the GRL-USB-PD-C2 test controller only when it's powered-off.